Tuesday, December 9, 2008

back in time, time.

helllllllllooooooooo!
Scott, you would be happy to know that Sienfeld is on tv in india.

Sorry that i just popped up again out of nowhere with no explanation on what has happened in the past 3 weeks. I haven't had internet for more than 30 minutes since that last post in November.

Where to begin...

This entire trip turned around for me when i got healthy again. Sam had left to Mysore, and Adam had to leave for the jungle. The tripod was no longer. I was really kind of scared to be alone, so i found out that two other students, Janine and Beatriz, were also in Bangalore on the other side of town! I decided i would stay at that hotel so i wouldn't be completely alone.

This is going to be really lame, but it's completely true... i then became the person i always wanted to be.

It was awesome. I would wake up in the morning, have breakfast with Janine and Beatriz, then we would go our separate ways to do our stories. Writing this down seems even lamer than saying it... but please, it's really how it was. I loved the time i shared with Adam and Sam, but i was using them as a safety net.

I felt liberated.

I'd plan my day, get ready, and go. I walked the streets of Bangalore alone. I bargained by myself prices at shops and for rickshaws. I had no problem asking for directions.

I wasn't afraid of being on my own!

Here's the lamest part... and i don't know how to put it any other way...

I felt so cool!

i hope you're all laughing, because i would, too. it's so lame, but i'm being completely honest. i'm baring my soul to you guys, so try not to judge!

So through my awesome contact Sabita in Chennai, i met Lisu. She is so sweet! She taught me how to cook an indian pork dish that is making me drool just thinking about it.
















She then set me up with Minal. Minal is a dancer and a dance teacher. she has been dancing since she was 4 years old! I did a great small story on her and on of the many classes she teaches.



























Her passion for dance blows my mind. She has such a great spirit, and her students love it. I had a really great time with this story. I wanted to do more with it, but i had to leave Bangalore. I gave my friend Alana the story to do more work on it so we can combine our super powers and make a good story out of it.

At night i would meet up with Janine and Beatriz. One night we went to this cool place called the 13th floor. Did you know they banned dancing at clubs in bangalore?? No one dances. . . I guess it's a misinterpretation of the law. They were trying to rid of exotic dancing, but instead made it all dancing where alcohol is served. I was all excited to see and learn some india dance. That didn't stop us from having fun!













Next up... Cochin.

1 comment:

Justin said...

Nice update Miss Reyes. Can't wait to see all your photography when you return to the states.