Monday, December 8, 2008

keep me, india.

i want to lose my passport.

I seriously believe that i might be the happiest person on earth.
I don't mean that in a bragging way... i'm being completely honest.

I wake up smiling every morning here.

I don't want to leave.
There's so much more to see here!

People here are so kind it hurts.
it makes sad that us Americans are the way we are.
There's so much to learn from people, but we don't give them the chance 90% of the time.

Right now i'm at my favorite place in india so far.... Ooty. I'm working on a story of Light and Life Academy. It's a photography school that was started by a Brooks grad named Iqbal Mohamed and his wife Anuradha.

This place is just amazing. The students here have so much enthusiasm. It's crazy... i'm on the other side of the world, in a country so different then what i'm used to, but it's really all the same. We all have the same problems, the same friends, the same families, the same love life. There's no difference really.

ah. mom, papi, joaquin, friends.... i don't want to go home!

It's crazy... i don't feel like i'm a foreigner. well, i notice it when i go out in a big public area and i get some stares... but that's because i'm so white i glow in the dark. I wake up, get ready, leave my room and start my day like any other day. I do miss my mom's cooking, but the food here is amazing. Especially when you have kick ass people who take you to the good places.

i lost my wallet and i don't care.

that's how happy i am.

okay.

so i want to tell you all more about what has been going on, but for now some images...


These are the first elephants i saw. I think my soul almost exploded of happiness when i saw them....















This is Kanyakumari. The very southern tip of india.












We went to this small Kerela theater that was so interesting... it blew my mind the way they could move their faces. . . i can't even explain.










That's all for now... more later. SOOOOOOOO more later.

<33333333333333

1 comment:

Justin said...

man...you make me want to travel. jealous. but yah....come back. i'm not the same asian without my amanda. >_<